Vegan Lasagna Soup
Try this hearty Lasagna Soup! It’s comforting and delicious!
Making a full Lasagna takes a LOT of work. Lasagna Soup is a great way to get those lasagna flavors in just about 30 minutes or less. Plus, this soup is much lighter than a traditional lasagna. It is full of vegetables, including kale and carrots, but also a bit of fiber and protein with Chickpeas added as well.
Have Vegan Lasagna Soup your way!
Honestly you can add any mix of vegetables or beans you like. Here’s a list of other vegetables that would also be great in this soup:
- Kidney Beans
- Cannellini Beans
- Broccoli, Broccolini, or Broccoli Rabe
- Yellow Squash
- Butternut Squash
And I could go on! Customize however you like. This recipe includes adding unsweetened Plant Milk to add a bit of creaminess. However, you can add things like
- Vegan Ricotta
- Vegan Cream
- Vegan Parmesan
- Vegan Mozzarella
to make this recipe even creamier.
This is an easy recipe to make on the stove top in a large soup pot and comes together in only 30 minutes. However this can be made in an Instant Pot, or even a crock pot!
Vegan Lasagna Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Carrots peeled and diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Salt (to taste)
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Chickpeas drained, rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 sprig Fresh Rosemary optional
- 1 sprig Fresh Thyme optional
- 8 sheets dry Lasagna Noodles
- 1/2 Cup Plant Milk plain, unsweetened
- 2 Cups Fresh Kale chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot set over medium high heat.
- Add the diced onion and carrot and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the pot and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Then add the dried basil, dried marjoram, and salt then continue to sauté for another 30 seconds.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, canned chickpeas, and the vegetable broth.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the fresh herbs, if using.
- Break the lasagna noodles in half and then add them to the boiling mixture.
- Cover the pot and boil for 8-10 minutes to cook the noodles.
- Turn the heat to low and then add then remove the lid and use tongs to fish out the herb sprigs.
- Stir in the fresh kale and the plant milk.
- Let the kale heat through and then turn the heat off and serve.