A perfect vegan gingerbread recipe for building gingerbread houses, making gingerbread men, or any other gingerbread construction.
Here is a really great vegan gingerbread recipe for you to use to make any vegan gingerbread construction. Whether it’s a gingerbread house, or if your like me, an original construction. This vegan gingerbread recipe is both yummy and fun to make.
Using this Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Dough Recipe for Making a Gingerbread House or Gingerbread Men
This recipe is enough to make 1 standard house plus some gingerbread men (around 6), just depending on the size of your cookie cutter size.
- 4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground or Grated Nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Clove
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Vegetable Shortening melted
- 1 Cup Molasses unsulphured
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1-4 Tablespoons Plant milk as needed, if the dough is too dry
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, spices, and salt) and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the melted vegetable shortening, molasses, and granulated sugar and whisk together until it is completely combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and lightly knead together until a dough forms.
- If it seems like the dough is too dry, add plant milk, one tablespoon at a time until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and form it into a flat disk.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator a minimum of 1 hour.
- After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone liner.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to 1/4" thickness on a floured surface.
- Cut into desired shapes. Re-knead the dough scraps and roll and shape as necessary.
- Place the gingerbread shapes on to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the gingerbread for 9-15 minutes, depending on how big the gingerbread shapes are, being careful not to overbake or underbake.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool completely prior to decorating or building with.